2.03.2011

The all day sickness.

{image credit: papercraftsbyk}

We all know that being pregnant is almost always associated with the morning sickness. I guess I finally experienced it myself. I think it's very misleading to call this thing a "morning sickness", when in reality it happens ALL DAY. People say that everything will get better in the second trimester. Well, I am now still within the first trimester, so it has been tough.

I'm feeling so miserable with the nausea and the vomiting. Thank God, I don't really vomit that much (cause I try hard to "hold" it as much as possible, since I put so much effort in eating already!). The nausea has been pretty bad, though. I have zero craving... I just don't want to put anything in my mouth, but I know I had to! I cringe whenever I see food or even watch a food commercial on TV. I haven't watched Food Network for weeks!

Another factor that makes it hard is because we can't tell anyone right now and let the words out just yet. We want to be 100% sure and get the confirmation that I am indeed pregnant, so we don't want to tell a soul until after we go to the doctor. We finally told our parents, though. I'm glad I could finally "let it out" to my Mom.

Well, meanwhile, at this time lemonade has been such a delight to my palate. Anything acidic, really. My favorites so far are the freshly squeezed lemonade from Raising Cane and Chick-fil-a. Eating fruits suddenly becomes the highlight of my meal. This is a GOOD thing, because I wasn't a fruit-eater pre-pregnancy. I also try to snack all day because I get queasy when I don't put anything in my mouth. 

I'm sure it will all get better soon. We can't barely wait for our OB-Gyn appointment next week!

No comments:

Post a Comment